1. I was so glad to get to see all the people I saw this year. It was really great to get in quick visits with a whole bunch of fabulous people.
2. Good road trip companions can make the whole experience better, as well as being some great bonding time.
3. I got to meet and work with fabulous people this war, and got a new perspective on some people I already knew.
4. Royalty Liaison can be easy (like it was this year) if you have good communication and fabulous Royals and retinue to work with. Stress levels with the job were pretty minimal.
5. People can still surprise me, both for the good and the bad. Fortunately it was more good than bad.
6. It is very wierd for me having people I don't remember knowing stopping me on merchant's row and saying "hey Thea, how are you?"
7. I love watching great tourney fighters. american_knight
was a particular pleasure to watch on Wednesday for the brief time I got to watch.
8. My Artemisian peeps, and especially my campmates and kitchen hosts completely ROCKED my world during this war. They were constantly helping me and offering help, and making life so nice in so many ways.
were awesome camp neighbors. They were incredibly thoughtful and took a lot of time to make the area around my tent less mucky, a detail for which I was grateful for the whole week.
10. I missed going to classes again this year. One of these days, I will get to a class at Estrella.
11. I loved getting to be part of delivering Lochlan's squire quest with atensibilla
. Listening to what she said about the SCA being a large extended family, and watching Lochlan complete the quest both were things that reminded me of the beauty of the SCA. That moment of delivering the quest is one of my all time favorite SCA moments. Ever.
12. I realized I have been getting a little jaded, and tried to take the opportunities to see the beauty in the game we play.
13. It is a blessing and a curse to have a more global persepctive about the SCA. I am not always sure if it is a good thing to see the big picture.
14. I actually went to some of the parties this year. The Outlands party was a hoot, and the West/An Tir party was a bunch of cool people.
15. We had a "back-in-the-day" moment when Tearlach and Ty and I were hanging out at the West/An Tir party. It was great to catch up with them a bit.
16. It is really great to see so many of my guy friends being so settled and happy (TY is going to be a DAD!)
17. It got really freaking cold at night. Come to find out one of those nights was 25 degrees. And yet, I survived.
18. I finally think I have managed to get the camping needs figured out. There was not really a time that I was missing anything, and I used the majority of the things I brought.
19. I did not drink the booze I brought. Again. I don't know why I bothered buying any. I am not a big drinker.
20. Getting to speak at Raven's knighting was an amazing moment in time. His ceremony (including the parts that were done outside of court) was pretty awe inspiring. It has been a pleasure to get to know him over the years and watch him grow up.
21. I love seeing other people finding their niche in the SCA. I saw that happen several times over the course of the week.
22. I went to my first Estrella Grand Court.
23. Singing the Artemisian Anthem and watching Tianna on the dragon was an awesome way to start Grand Court.
24. It was a great ego boost to be told that people would support me if I decide to do royal liaison again, and had several people say they would like to work with me if I do it again.
25. I am glad to be home safe and sound. It was hard to be away from my hubby and home for that long. (a total of 11 days)